What are the cons of scented candles?
- October 28, 2022
1. Are scented candles harmful to the human body?
Scented candles are an everyday necessity not only for lighting, but also for creating a romantic atmosphere. Therefore, it is welcomed by everyone, but some say that scented candles are harmful to the human body, so are scented candles harmful?
1.- Generally speaking, conventional scented candles use natural waxes such as soy candles, beeswax, etc., which are non-toxic and harmless. Even if paraffin is used, paraffin will also be used in foodstuffs that will not cause any harm to the human body. With the right method of use, it will not cause any harm to the human body.
2. But it should be noted that some low quality scented candles may be non-food or low purity. Scented candles from this material burn
Toluene releases harmful substances such as benzene when burned; in addition, some scented candles contain limonene, which, when exposed to air, forms formaldehyde, which is harmful to human health.
Generally speaking, the harm of scented candles for the human body largely depends on their quality. When buying, you must choose products of conventional brands so as not to be deceived and not endanger the health of yourself and your loved ones.
2. What to pay attention to?
While scented candles are great, there are a few things to keep in mind when using them so you don't hurt yourself. When using scented candles, remember the following:
1. Avoid contact with vulnerable parts such as eyes and skin when using scented candles.
2. If there are children or pets in the house, scented candles should be kept out of their reach.
3. Each use of scented candles should not be too long, and they should be extinguished in a timely manner for more than 3 hours to ensure air circulation in the room.
4. Scented candles come in a variety of scents. Use one fragrance in one room. If you want to change the scent, you need to ventilate the room and then change them after the scents are gone.
5. Scented candles are flammable, so they should be placed in a place where there are no flammable substances nearby.
6. Use scented candles to help you fall asleep, but don't put them on your bedside table at night so you don't accidentally press on them and get accidents while you sleep.