tutorial on the basics of using scented wax for candle cups
- November 24, 2022
How beautiful nature is, the warmth of flowers and aroma.
How wonderful life is, fate will come by itself.
Fate in life is a wonderful combination.
Over time, fate will produce various chemical changes.
This is such a natural and beautiful combination.
When I was young, I often noticed that there were always half a dozen white candles in a drawer at home, wrapped in a thin layer of paper bags, and they were always lit on summer nights when there were frequent power outages. The small but merrily dancing flames attracted many children. There were bugs all around, perhaps because of the idiom "moths to flame" that the teacher had just taught us during the day, my eyes full of curiosity looked at these mysteries of nature. As I grew up, I fell in love with my own scented candles. With complicated worries, I collapsed on the sofa, closed my eyes and smelled the scent of that moment, as if everything was so perfect at that moment~
Customize your favorite color, add your favorite scent and pair it with your favorite dried flowers and other decorations. Inadvertently create a unique fragrance that belongs only to you.
Recommended proportions for making soy candles
Add 5%-10% beeswax: it can make the surface of the candle smooth and the color white, and avoid the smearing phenomenon of soy wax when the temperature is too high in summer. Adding too much will cause the candle and cup wall to fall off and crack.
Add 5%-15% soft soy wax: this can improve the adhesion efficiency of soy wax, slow down the setting time and avoid problems such as uneven burning on the edge of the container when it is too big
Add 1-3% wax additive: it can reduce the knotting effect, make the surface of the candle smooth and smooth, reduce the oiliness of the soy wax surface, and make the surface of the candle more clean</ p>
Massage wax for cups: Simply replace soy wax with pure natural coconut wax. Cup wax, composed of 100% coconut wax, can be applied directly to the skin for a massage
How to use scented candles
1. Avoid simultaneous lighting with regular candles because the gas from regular candles will absorb the aroma of scented candles.
2. The size of the room affects the concentration of the fragrance. If the space is too large, you can light several scented candles with the same smell at the same time.
3. Try to avoid using multiple fragrances at the same time. You must choose one or two flavors. Too many fragrances will cause discomfort, such as numbness of the sense of smell.
4. Maintain indoor air circulation and avoid placing the candle in a windy place, which will cause the candle flame to sway and tilt, and form a beautiful phenomenon where the edge of the candle cannot be burned.
5. Aromatherapy candles begin to release fragrance usually after they have been burned for about 10-20 minutes. The burning time should be maintained at about 2 hours each time. , do not burn around. Burning too long and over-saturating the flavor can backfire.
6. Do not blow out the candle directly with your mouth, as black smoke and a burning smell will form. Use a special candle case or use a candle hook to push the wax wick into the wax oil to extinguish it, and then put the wax wick in. Cool to avoid black smoke, and the next use can be convenient and economical.
7. Every time you use a scented candle, you should trim the wax core to about 0.5-0.8 cm in time to prevent the burnt wax core from getting into the wax oil and generating black smoke and other contaminants.
8. Although the candle burns at a low temperature, the temperature of the candle container will also rise as the candle burns. To prevent scalding on countertops such as at home, you can place a wax wooden cup lid on the bottom of the candle or use a candle holder.
9. Candles should be stored away from direct sunlight to prevent candles from fading and yellowing in sunlight, and candles are low-temperature products. Excessive temperature of sunlight can directly lead to softening or melting of candles.
10. Aromatherapy candles should not be stored for too long. The essential oils of plants naturally volatilize over time, causing the fragrance and effectiveness to disappear or disappear for a long time. The total shelf life of the fragrance is about 1-2 hours. months. If you need to store the candle for a long time, you can wrap the surface of the candle in an airtight bag such as plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator to avoid the fragrance evaporating and dust polluting the air.
11. Aromatherapy candles should be placed out of the reach of children and pets. When leaving the room, candles should be extinguished in time to avoid burnsand fire hazard.